- Privately owned winery – 15- hectare wine estate (pinot noir & chardonnay), farmed organically.
- Manual harvesting, Village & Grands Cru appellation, Prémeaux-Prissé.
- 70% of production exported
- 40,000 to 65,000 bottles sold, depending on years.
- Organically farmed estate since the 2000’s
- New practices are investigated through technological intelligence and meetings with partners in the Burgundy-Franche-Comté.
- Deployment of an innovative mulch made from corn starch: Duravigne, marketed by the company Phorium. The product is laid down in the rows where machines cannot pass
- It can be installed securely by creating a furrow and burying it. Here, two strips of mulch have been installed under the already-planted rows, also pegging them into the ground.
- The mulch was installed in spring 2019 and its life span is estimated at 10 years.
- New development avenues: gather up vine shoot clippings to make by-products, cover crops with beneficial properties for the vine.
- Lightweight and securely-held mulch. Good product adaptability.
- As yet, little time for evaluation but since its installation, nothing has grown beneath it and the ground is clean.
- The product is a good alternative to weeding.
- Good visual appearance of product.
- Mowing and brushcutting can be carried out around the mulch.
To find out more: www.arlot.com
Profile written by AgrOnov, the agroecology innovation hub