- 5.5ha in AOC Reuilly in 3 colours: Pinot noir, rosé Pinot gris, Sauvignon blanc (white)
- Established since 20111, therefore a lot of young vines with variable yields depending on the year.
- Organically grown since 2017
- 30% of production sold to personal customers, 60% to Horeca in France, 10% exported.
- Use of SCANOPY drone to create vigour zoning maps and evaluate different requirements on the same parcel: 2 overflights per year to compare how growth has developed
- Acquisition of innovative equipment:
- 2-row straddle tractor (New Holland), fitted with a GPS to regulate speed in real time and adjust treatment within the same field.
- AGROVIS (GRV) 3-row fertiliser spreader which can treat row-by-row.
- Membership of an agricultural machinery pool for two important subjects:
- Anti-frost treatment: 60 anti-frost towers in the sector.
- Addition of green manure: manufacture of a drill in the machinery pool
- Vinification: black grapes manually harvested and sulphur-free fermentation: first addition made post-fermentation to reduce inputs.
- Sustainable fertilisation, tailored to vine needs thanks to the drone.
- The drone has not led to savings on fertiliser, which has been distributed differently.
- The Scanopy application enables the real-time control of the straddle tractor and adjusts the dose to be applied to the vines.
- Anti-frost treatment: one of the most advanced machinery pools for this type of equipment. 80% of the vineyard is protected by anti-frost towers. In 2016, the unprotected part of the vineyard suffered 90% frost damage. In 2017, following the introduction of the anti-frost tower, the entire harvest was saved.
- Green manure: currently being tested. A difficult method during years with little rain. Cover crops do not grow when there is not enough water.
- Vinification: Reduction of SO2 by a third, with wine quality unchanged. Test have proven that the first addition of SO2 was unnecessary. This requires high refrigeration capacity for the settling step (to prevent the juices from fermenting).
Find out more at: www.domaine-tabordet.fr
Profile written by AgrOnov, the agroecology innovation hub