From genetic resources to the quality of vine plants
- Wednesday 1 December 2021
Wednesday 1 December 2021 - 14:00 - 17:00
Duration of the event : 03h00
Room C - Forum - Hall B5
Innovation in plant varieties is one of the most promising vectors to help the wine sector address the dual challenge of inputs and adapting to climate change. Through four contributions, we will present the works conducted on plant material and their various states of progress:
· - Genetic resources of the vine and provision of data from the Domaine du Vassal through digitisation
· The agronomic and oenological descriptions of disease resistant varieties conducted as part of the region’s project “Feader Agence de l’eau”.
· Plans to create disease resistant varieties with regional character in association with the inter-professional trade bodies
· Studies and work undertaken by UMT Génovigne on the selection of disease resistant varieties adapted to climate change.
One last contribution will be dedicated to the sanitary quality of plant material, between old but still dangerous diseases and emerging, potentially problematic diseases.
Direction Recherche Innovation Pôle Matériel Végétal IFV
Loic LE CUNFF
Chambre d’agriculture Hérault
Chargée de mission Experimentation
Directrice Domaine Vassal
Responsable services Viticoles
Directeur de recherches